Nandus Nandus ?

snookie

• 2 weeks later...

I want to buy one :bounce: , what are you feeding them? I was told live feeders by hollywood, If I get one I want to try to wean it onto frozen foods - hopefully - :bow:

I did some research on them: they grow to about 20cm and are mainly piscivore, wonder how fast they grow though? kinda look like perch/datnoid = 8)

Post some pics Snookie :P

Mine are eating , young convicts , frozen shrimp , and worms which they LOVE and putting on weight quite well , its amazing what they can fit in their mouths complete gannets great fish ! will try to get pics , but my camera skills are not the best :oops:

Whoop whoop! I got one! :bounce: and hopefully 2 more today, these ones already eat frozen food so much less costly to maintain and were only $30!! Loves chilling with the delhezi and fire eel - fire eel investigated him as soon as I put him in the tank smelling him with his nose, pleased that he past inspection :lol: . They look so cool with their dorsal spines up, and I saw him yawn, being only 6-7cm I'd say his mouth was prolly 1cm diameter and 2cm long funnel! 8) He is a dark coloured one so I think I might get a more silver one now :D

Good Stuff :bounce: , matter of tricking them gave frozen and live at same time , mine still wont eat , if food hits the bottom , you will find they change colour depending on mood ,their mouths are great and deceptive 8)

watch them hoover a Earth Worm great to watch , size doesnt matter , :o

Yeah, their body shape/mouth reminds me of perch/datnoid/bass all in one + a little leaf fish :) want to try the earthworm idea, sometimes he doesn't want to eat the bloodworms, he'll look at them carefully before backing away :-? I want to grow 2-3 of these and put them in an Asian/African tank = Siamese tiger, 3 ornates, 1 delhezi, Senegalus maybe, fire eel, nandus and maybe an asian aro in future :bounce: Have all of these except the senegalus and the aro, hopefully these guys will chill together 8) one wee problem wif obtaining/setting up... $$$$$ :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

• 2 months later...