microworms

Brett1970

i only harvest off the sides of the containter.. i then use a squewer or iceblock stick

and then transfer it into a small clear container... i then fill the container half full of water and let it sit on a slight angle on a bench for ten mins..

i then use a needle-less syringe and airhose to syphon the settled microworms and then drop it into tank drop by drop

as required

this way you dont get oats or the digested oats milkstuff into your tank.. and it keeps it a bit cleaner.. its a bit more involved but id rather do this while im doing other stuff than have to spend more time cleaning than i have to ;)

most of the microworms that climb up the side are generally clean..

when the culture starts slowing you can place a portion of wet paper towell onto the mix

leave it ten mins then rinse it in water into container and let settle and feed as above :)

All to hard.

Easiest way is to cover half the culture wth a heavy duty damp paper towel. Next day you can scrape pure worms off the top with a spoon.

If the paper towel breaks up then use heavier ones next time. Best ones are free from shopping mall or office public toilets.

My culture is quite moist i have just moved it to sit on top of tank had it on fridge all week.

my set up

used 1 cup of rolled oats

then heated it until firm

then spread rolled oats evenly then a sprinkle of yeast 1 teaspoon

the let culture cool

then put the culture on top of the mixture

then got the lid and put some hole in it been a week now still no worms climbing up sides