Zero nitrates!

Ira

I definitely don't think I'd attribute it to my skimmer, I think it's an alcoholic, all it seems to do is spit foam all over itself. Within about 5 minutes of cleaning it last time foam was already squeezing out the hole in the top of the collection cup...I guess dried skimmate all over the skimmer is just as good as wet skimmate in the cup, a whole couple tablespoons...

i cleaned my skimmer last week, took everything apart includingb needle wheel pumps to clean, made a huge difference in its output, is really running well again....

am starting to look at large offcuts of irrigation pipe and DIY, thinking that none of it really needs to be clear and that something quite effective could be built very cheaply.

there will be pics coming.

I also manged to get hold of 155 square foot of 10mm glass yesterday for $150

big bits too, so now i am after some cheap through fittings!

anyone?

Do you grow the hiar alge in another tank and hook up to you sump.How do you grow it.

Hahaha, Ummm...Well, yes, it is grown in a tank hooked up to my sump. That being my main tank. Pretty easy to grow. Take one tank without any real algae at all, add sand from an infested tank and 500 watts of lighting, stir and bake on high for 2-3 weeks...

I should hassle Nick about the phosphate absorber he was supposed to have sent me weeks ago. That should help get rid of it.