Tank Re-do

firefish

This is what the tank ues to look like:

24909_025.jpg

I got annoyed with the mass of ambulia (which wasn't growing well) and the polysperma, which was growing well at the top, but too well at it blocked the light so there was only reduced leaves at the bottom.

I yanked the plants out, and now it looks like:

24909_026.jpg

24909_022.jpg

24909_023.jpg

24909_024.jpg

My mum thinks its got enough plants in it & my dad said it looked empty :roll: And i'm in between.

Any ideas? Comments? I think i'd like to put in a tiger lotus between the crypt and the coconut shell.

I think it looks good :)

If you just the val grow in some and maybe get another clump of it on the left then it'll look perfect!

You could also get one of those realistic photo backgrounds. I know some people don't like them, but I think if you keep it simple, like maybe a rock wall, or mangroves it can look really good.

My only suggestion would be to maybe plant something a bit taller in the back left hand side?

What sort of fish is Kingston?

He's a pantadon butterfly fish :D

I agree with the taller plant bit, but the I reckon it will look fine once the val gets a bit bigger

A background would look good to, but a single colour...

Is that crypt a wendetii red variety :D, If it is Ill swap the baby for something........ (I have some other baby crypts/ and money :lol: )

If you just the val grow in some and maybe get another clump of it on the left then it'll look perfect!

Its not actually val. Not sure what it is tho. Good point tho about that section (i think the net made me forget what the tank would look like without it there.

You could also get one of those realistic photo backgrounds.

I did have one, that was one of the changes. Water dripped down the back and made it stick weirdly - it looked bad. I think my yellow walls make the fish stand out better (not that its obvious in the pic)

Is that crypt a wendetii red variety

I brought it as Cryptocoryne cordata.

I think i'll go and have a look at some plants tomorrow 8)

• 2 weeks later...