Danios - are they livebearers or egg layers

aquadude

Ok as egg scatters

once she lays / scatters the eggs...does not having a male danio in the tank a problem - sorry danio biology is a mystery to me as a new comer to this hobby.

I have an Angel fish in the same tank, r other fish prone to eating the eggs?

To begin with she's less likely to scatter any eggs without a male around, secondly without a male to fertilise the eggs as she scatters them(I assume you've had the birds and the bees talk at some point?) all you have is bunch of little tasty balls rotting on the bottom of the tank if you don't have any bottom feeders to eat them.

Angel fish will eat the eggs if they find them, yes.

Glad to know they got a good home! Two of those fish (the gold/albino zebra danios) were laying when the male was with them (before he took a suicidal jump during a tank change). Even when the male was fertilising them, all the fish in the tank (including the parents) were eating the eggs almost immediately afterward so be prepared to remove all adult fish as soon as the eggs are laid! You could remove the eggs but it isn't always easy, especially when the eggs slip down and get trapped within fine gravel. As said previously, marbles are good and it might be useful to get a breeding tank so that the adults can be placed in there to spawn and then removed when the eggs are laid (be careful of filter intakes as they can suck up small fry). Also have a look at the feeding requirements of the fry before you go much farther.

Good luck!