lillypad I.D

Cricketman

So i was down in Whakatane visiting my parents when i noticed the nice deep red/sc arlet lillypads they have in thier pond, so i decided that id nick some! after 20 mins trying to find where my brother hid the trowel, and 2 minutes digging a peice out, i got some!

put it in my tank on sunday night, the tallest lilly had bout20-25cm to reach the surface...

last night it made it there and today its sitting flat at the top :o i could almost watch it grow! and the leaves below it are following suit! :bounce: :bounce:

my only problem is i cant find an ID on it. it has small round lillypads (maybe 8cm across, and they are a deep scarlet red on both sides. The stalks are green, and some of the pads that are submerged are green centered, but red around the edges.

Mr. Google doesnt want to help either... their are some leaves growing that are still curled up, and when i cut it out, it had a rather large bulb.

I dont have a camera, but i hope this explains enough! anyone know what it might be?

nevermind, found it.... begrudgingly...

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/pests/mexican-waterlily

>.< I finally get a nice lilly that grows nicely in my tank and its a freaking exotic pest >.<

all those that want to form a lynch mob against that murphy character say "I!"

EDIT: just got off the phone with my Father, he says the flowers are white, not yellow, and he has some photos he can send me later. I do hope its not a pest species!!