guppies breeding condition???

shiuh

lol, theyll breed in just about any sort of conditions wiht in reason!

there hardy little fish!

but if you want to line breed them your gonna need more than one tank!

i suggest you start of by getting some good stock!

once you've dont that deside what you intend to do with them?

wether it be linebreeding as i said before or hobby breed them? or jst have them as decoration fish and occasionally catch some of the offspring in the tank to grow to adults!

Ideal conditions for them:

brackish water

heavily planted tanks

1x male to 4x females (the only thing on a male guppies mind is breeding and you need to share the stress of that round the females)

do not worry about breeding them it seems to come with the territory when owning guppies, they will do it of there own accord

some people migth have had different experiences, but my guppies give birth every 4 weeks on the dot! to broods of between 50-150 generally

dont jump into it and buy the miserable crappy things at pet stores, its not worth trying to breed those as they are what i would call (feeders) make sure you do your research and find som1 who has high qaulity guppies!

if there are anymore questions just ask, please make them more spesific as it makes them easier for me and othere to answer!

Cheers Shae

Quote from LB...

Ideal conditions for them:

brackish water

True... they don't mind a "little" salt in the water, but "brackish" is a bit of a wide spectrum to be classified as "ideal".

You must also consider any other fish you might have living with the Guppies... as many (especially catfish) will suffer quite badly in water containing too much salt.

Bill.

one tank isnt going to do the job!, i suggest atleast three, one for the females to become inseminated, which is where the adults go, this is o'caorse after you have a secure strain, one for maturing the fry to adults, and the other for breeding specifics, such as a good looking father breeding to a stong bodies good colour sister, to see if you get a better colour in the female or a stonger body in the male etc etcl, i use atleast 2 foots so as not to stunt the growth of my guppys

if you need anymore help, i suggest you post it in the livbearering forum

Cheers Shae