New tank for me - corys and ?

oneeyedfrog

Just got a tank- for me this time! Yay! :D - about 200L 113 x45 x 45

Would like to make it a planted tank with three lined corys (6). Not sure what else - maybe a group of tetras. Possibly a bristlenose for aglae cleanup or is that too many bottom dwellers?

Would this tank be big enough for this?

Any suggestions?

Do the corys prefer a darker substrate?

would like to plan this properly this time!

Thanks

Richard is getting us some dark substrate for our tank, if you talk to him he may be able to get you some at the same time, we're doing our 225ltr this weekend, all good fun yeah?

I don't know much but I wouldn't think that's too many bottom dwellers for a tank that size, we've got 2 corys, a bristle nose and a golden spot pleco and two kuhli's in our 100ltr and it's all happy families. I'm sure someone will tell me otherwise if I'm wrong :lol: :bounce: :wink:

Good luck with the tank :D,

they prefer a planted tank and its definitely big enough

the gravel should be finer and more rounded, the colour of it doesn't really matter either

Once you start the tank I personally would wait a few weeks before adding a BN/ algae eating fish If you are planning on having it a planted tank, also the BN should be fine with the cories

A school of 15-20 tetras would look awesome in a planted tank

Increase the cories to 5 when you can afford it they really are happier in bigger groups.

No way is that overstocked for a planted tank of that size a good sized mob of cardinals or rummynoses and it will look mint! IMO stick to one type of schooling fish and get as many as you can.

I have just done a similar setup but very few plants and a big driftwood tangle. I'm going for the SA blackwater biotype, I have 3 Discus growing out in the tank as feature fish, I personly think a bigger fish makes a good feature and the tetras act as dither fish.

You mean you do not do this already?

Sheesh! I spent most Saturdays doing this :D:bow:

They have to clean the glass after me cause I am too close and leave drool marks :wink:

Wish I could! I live 1.20 hrs from town and have 2 homeschoolers (7 & 8 ) so I don't get the chance to look often or for long.

Buying tanks in Ak is a good excuse though as I have to go alone to pick them up ( not enough room in the van Hee hee) and it's such a long way :wink: I have to go rest up at Mums for a couple of days and visit calming fish shops LOL