Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DIY Tank

Featured Replies

I am thinking of building my own Aquarium out of 10mm glass

Dimensions are 800 Long 400 deep 750 high.

Plan on bracing horizontal at front and back and vertical at ends and middle.

Any thoughts

Plan on bracing horizontal at front and back and vertical at ends and middle.

Why would you require "vertical" braces on a tank of this size.

In 10mm glass you would only need front and rear "anti bow" strips running along the top edges, plus end strips running front to rear, and you "might" possibly get away without a centre strip.. but you could fit at least one for peace of mind :)

The "vertical" bit is confusing.

Bill.

  • Author

Thanks what you said is what I meant I think. Imagine a birds eye view of the tank, to get what I was trying to say.

I was abit worried the tank is to tall. I have read various articles, which mention tank should be no more than half the lengh high.

unless you are really worried about qualatie or have scrap 10mm glass lying aroung I would just go to a glazier for a tank that small. They can make it out of offcuts (may contain some small scratches) and will cost very little to make infact will probably be cheeper than making it yourself silicone will be nice and tidy and you wont waist any of your time

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.