Photos of delhezis, how many people own one?

Fruju

You'd be taking a big risk putting a 10cm delhezi with a 20cm ornate. HFF have got 5 small dels and they look good. I used to have four dels but sold them to Henward. They're now in a 1200L tank with an ornate, 2 palmas and an albino, but you won't be able to see pics of them here...

ps. if anyone has a normal senegal [not albino] for sale let me know...

Yeah, Ive got a smaller tank for the del apart from the ornates, about the senegals, I can find albinos but the normals seem to have gone, used to have a albino but stayed at the surface and got chomped by my aro :evil: :roll: , albinos have supposedly got a slower growth rate.

Another Q, how fast do fire eels grow? I want one after seeing MR EEL on youtube. :o

Mystic that looks more like a variety of P. palmas rather than delhezi, couldn't tell you which one though, I'm sure someone on MFK could though. Nice fish, I wish someone would import some more.

Fruju the eels should grow quite quickly on a good diet if there aren't too many other fish to compete with. As with most larger fish a bigger tank will yield faster growth.

Sick Del Livingart :D , how long did it take you to grow him to that size, I read that about 12-14 inches is the max? Also wondered that if you keep them on a darker substrate the bichir itself will become darker than on a light sand colour - MFK statement - saw ur place on youtube, should come down and visit after a hockey match. Dels appear to be more stocky than other bichirs, does this vary between the genders? (stockiness looks good).

Cool palmas/senegal Mystic, seems like a palmas to me of what Ive seen, arnt they quite rare in nz, also like your 'Panzer' catfish, what species is that, I haven't seen any in the LFS, love to get my hands on amonster cat.

Thanks for the info DavidR, why did u sell your delhezis, I would have thought they'd look great in your tank (saw photo on other thread), they would be sweet with an ornate though right, seen them with ornates on other sites - wish we could get an endli or a congicus, 90cm prehistoric monster :hail:

Any more photos by any chance... :)

Thanks for the info DavidR, why did u sell your delhezis

The 3' tank they were in wasn't big enough to continue growing them out, and I wasn't confident that my big ornate would get on with them having been on his on for so long now, he certainly didn't like my palmas when i first got him and the size difference wasn't anywhere near as much as it would have been with the dels. It would have taken years to get them up to a size where I'd be willing to even try mixing them and I couldn't devote the tank space to it.