The "Spectacular Failure"

jc360

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO smacking is violence. So is yelling and screaming. And, IMO, neither is an appropriate way of bringing up children. I think what needs to change in this country is our attitude to children and our attitude to how to discipline them. I believe the law change is part of that.

Who remembers the lack of interest and 'defiance' when the campaigns for not drinking and driving began? Yet, over time and through perserverance, the attitude of the majority has changed and now driving while drunk is disapproved of rather than accepted.

I would have hoped that this law change was the start of the same process for smacking children. It would be nice to see people being willing to consider other peoples opinions and experiences instead of hotly defending their right to smack their children. This thread started out that way but now seems to me to be becoming angrier :(:(:(

It would be nice to see people being willing to consider other peoples opinions and experiences instead of hotly defending their right to smack their children

Would it not be better to say... It would be nice to see people being willing to consider other peoples opinions and experiences instead of hotly denying the right to smack a your child

Ok, I think we have exhausted most possible avenues for keeping this a civil discussion on this subject, and it has now been locked pending discussion of its reinstatement by the moderator group.

Do not start up another thread on this subject, it will be removed immediately.