Reduce current in AR380

Southerrrngirrl

I'm wondering how to reduce the water current generated by the filter in an AR380. I have one little fish in it at the moment, and he seems to be getting pushed around quite a bit by the current, which I guess might stress him or wear him out a bit if he's struggling and working hard to stay in one place. It is a hospital tank, I've put him there to try fatten him up a bit.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

I put a piece of plastic over the bit where the holes for the return are.

It was a piece of plastic tube from a packet of AquaKnead-it, so about 25mm diameter which I split lenthwise and then duct taped to the side of the filter part.

I will clean the tank and take a pic tonight

It makes the returning water run out to the edges of the cylinder edges of the plastic towards the sides of the tank, rather than squirting straight down into the middle of the tank along the length of the filter unit.

i cut a small section of plastic tubing (7-8cm) with fitted perfectly over where the flow comes out of the bottom of outtake, i think it was old piece of an under gravel filter. it holds itself in place really well. it didnt slow the flow of water but it removed the splash, almost silent too.