National Aquarium at Napier

Barrie

i would love the experience!

over 150 dives, many of them in clear waters meant to be teeming with sharks, and i have only ever seen a baby carpet shark.

ive seen more sharks fishing actually come to think of it... :-?

the one time i thought i saw a huge shark (thought bronzie or thresher) ie. huge 3x my size torpedo shape cruising throught e channel i was diving to the side of...

turned out to be a huge kingie... estimate 300kg +++

" :o:o OMG OMG OMG OMG.... wait... :roll: its only a kingie... its a KINGIE! :o " lmao

I met one in the murk of the Manukau one day when looking for crays. He swam about 1.5 meters right in front of me.

If he was hungry and wanted to chew of a fat guy, he would of had me but he had far greater respect for his heath so I knew I was safe.

Simple thing is that they really dont want to chew on humans when there are fish to eat so any attack is normally a mistke on their behalf

thing is barry, if you see a shark, its cos they WANT you to see them...

they have such great senses that they detect you way off! long before you even know they are there. if they were going to take a chunk out of you, they would do it before you knew it! therefore, you never see the one that gets you! so if you cant see it, why worry about it! :D

lol

must have been an awesome experience! im pretty jelous myself... :x