6 litre nano

A-town...

I set this small tank up end of july and wanted to show how far its come. As I have never been able to grow glosso I was going to attempt it and the the glosso I started with was emersed form

Daltons aquatic mix

372175209.jpg

Silica sand

372175173.jpg

Rock placement

372175180.jpg

372175189.jpg

Water and small filter with diy co2 processed through.

372175186.jpg

Glosso in

372175192.jpg

3 weeks later

372175196.jpg

372175203.jpg

Still want to put some shrimps in there there is currently one borneo sucker. Have brighter light tubes I want to put in but have to find time : P

dont want to put any big fish in there either as wont look right being a nano tank

ember tetras would still be too big for my liking but thanks for the thought.

we can get freshwater shrimp going to try once it warms up a bit.

I wanted more rocks in there but didnt have anymore like this one which I love :P

there is about 16watts i cant remember k ratings though. :bounce:

there were some on trademe? I must have missed them :(

I've been after some more for ages, went to get a couple of pairs from the place i got my one, but all they had left were manky looking ones, skinny and pale and sick looking. At $50/pair i'm not buying fish that float with the current :/

Hello

Add more light... I had a very similar tank with glosso, same size... and the diference betwen 17w and 37w was awesome... a carpet of dark green leaves growing sticked to the floor.

I first used 1x17w 6400K starving light bulb and after added 1x20w 6400k light bulb

37w 6400k + CO2 in small glosso tank = bubble time xD

I would not put fish in there... only snails and small shrimps... being alone shrimps don`t hide...

A nice small fish to live in there should be boraras brigittae... easy to find in shops here... I don`t know in NZ ...

Good luck

I have a whole lot of this stuff growing outside along with Lilaeopsis brasiliensis (submerged but really close to the surface) in a pot with potting mix and occasionally i do see the flowers pop up, but they're really small so its easy to miss. :bounce:

Any chance of you sending me some Dreams? I'll pay...

I have a whole lot of this stuff growing outside along with Lilaeopsis brasiliensis (submerged but really close to the surface) in a pot with potting mix and occasionally i do see the flowers pop up, but they're really small so its easy to miss. :bounce: