cleaning water marks etc off plastic tanks?

twinkles

I was pleased to find a little tank sitting empty at the back of my daughters classroom :)

Can't remember the brand but its a little 9L all in one thing, with plastic sides. There's water marks and a few other grubby bits on the front, so what should i clean it with? I know those water marks are darn hard to get off glass, and i don't want to scrub the arcrylic hard and scratch it all. Anyone got a magic cleaning solution for these tanks?

If it is calcium build up from water then white vinegar should so the trick.

And you finger nail ;)

Yep, I was going to suggest the white vinegar trick. It works well on glass but I've never tried it on plastic. The result will depend on whether the plastic has been 'etched' by the minerals, but the vinegar certainly won't hurt so give it a go!

haven't filled it yet but i know the ones on my tanks show when they are filled.

Yes its that calcium build up stuff.

I tried cleaning it off my tanks with white vinegar after reading about it here a while back, but it didn't work very well. If i soak a sponge in it and keep wiping will it come off eventually? I really don't want to scratch it with my nails.

it's only very faint, don't think its etched in there.

typical story, someone buys a 9L tank and a couple of goldfish for the class, goldfish die in a few days, tank sits empty on the shelf for the next year.

Will put a couple of guppies and maybe a betta in there :)