Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's come a long way...

Featured Replies

It started pretty boring...

firsttankresize.jpg

But finally the fish have a nice bushel of plants to swim through!

thetankresize.jpg

Mr Whippy / Whoopi the whiptail, a local resident.

mrwhippyresize.jpg

Spud, an aquarium enthusiast.

stealthspudresize.jpg

That is a very nice looking tank. I like the levels and the effort that you have put in. PS I like your alexandrine too :D

As for the CO2, i run the same system, but through my external filter so the bubble gets sucked up and then runs through the system better and longer.

you should let people know what sort of lighting and/or ferts etc you use.

tank looks like a juwel? (180?)

Nice tank!

actually. i retract that comment. its not a juwel. no filter and no black silicone. :lol:

what tank is it? (not a blue planet?)

Told ya :wink: :lol:

  • Author

I think its been about 4 months now, between the before and after.

The tank setup was a bargain. I got it for $180 :D That included tank, wooden stand, hood, buckets upon buckets of gravel, driftwood, nets, chems, fishmate fish feeder, 3 heaters, 2 air pumps and a multitude of connective bits n bobs (suckers, u bends, tubing). The real score was it came with an eheim 2213, with spare media to boot.

I felt really guilty taking it off the poor lady for so measely a price!

So yeah, its not a brand tank, but the stand and hood and glass were Jansens derived. Have since stained it black and added T5's for lighting. In terms of ferts, flourish seems to do the trick :)

I liked the raised look too! I went picture hunting on google for nifty tank scapes and thought it looked pretty cool.

Fish: Mr Whippy, 9 cardinal tetras, 6 rummynose, 7 black widow, 6 black phantoms, 3 ottos, and a pair of bristlenose.

That's quite a bargain you got yourself there! And it certainly is looking nice. I will also add my vote to those who like the multi-level landscaping effect. :hail:

  • Author

I think the rock is slate? Not sure actually. But yeah it comes in these nice flat chunks and ive just done a retaining wall and filled it in with the gravel to make little plant beds.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.