clow loaches vs uv filter

R32GOTMLK

this is the second time this has happened to me in 2 different tanks.

in 2 both tanks i have a uvfilter

one day i herd a funny grinding sound comming from the filter, so i took it all apart ad found that a cl had swam in the intake and into the impeller :-?

causing it to make a grinding noise.

this happened on a smaller uv unit which u cant take the motor assembly apart so hes stuck in there :(

but when it happened on the bigger uv unit the whole thing just stopped working, but i could take the motor apart to get it out.

so for those of u that have these units and smaller cls beware

Matt

So, basically people should beware that clown loaches are idiots?:)

My clown loaches resent that implication, Ira! Just as well for you they're not quite smart enough to hunt you down and make you apologise!

I think people should be aware that clown loaches like to squeeze themselves into small tunnels/caves and to them a filter intake looks like a tunnel... and they probably don't live long enough to learn from their mistake. :(

:lol: Classic Story about Loaches :lol:

I was doing a Re-Vamp in my Discus Tank not so long ago :D I had, had a couple of Clown Loaches in there for a while, noticed the Carcass of a Loach one afternoon :( , so thought ok I'm now down to 1 Loach :roll: while I was re-vamping the Tank about a month after finding the Loach Carcass :cry: , I pulled out a large piece of driftwood, stood it up on it's end to easily get it out of the Tank, when I heard a PLOP :o , thought what on earth was that :roll: , looked down into the Tank and there was my Lost Lonely Loach :o , man he was so big, so much bigger than I remember him being last time I saw him :o . He now has 8 new Loaches to play with 6 Clowns and 2 Botia :bounce: :wink:

:lol: Classic Story about Loaches

I was doing a Re-Vamp in my Discus Tank not so long ago :D I had, had a couple of Clown Loaches in there for a while, noticed the Carcass of a Loach one afternoon :( , so thought ok I'm now down to 1 Loach :roll: while I was re-vamping the Tank about a month after finding the Loach Carcass :cry: , I pulled out a large piece of driftwood, stood it up on it's end to easily get it out of the Tank, when I heard a PLOP :o , thought what on earth was that :roll: , looked down into the Tank and there was my Lost Lonely Loach :o , man he was so big, so much bigger than I remember him being last time I saw him

So what was the carcass you found?