Help! Bulgy bits on Fighter?

LisaC

My fighter (which I was never sure if it was a male or female) has a bulging abdoman (I guess) - my son (who was used to pregnant guppies) thought she was pregnant :lol:

I have a photo, but don't have photobucket or whatever.

I am currently treating the tank for whitespot. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks.

Here it is...

fighter2.jpg

fighter1.jpg

Finally sneaked into Photobucket a different way. Must have got a corrupted file last night when we had power problems due to weather. The UPSs were beeping and burping and lights dimmed several times :roll:

Sorry, I can't help. Its not dropsy so may be bacterial or has she got herself stuck somewhere. If the filter is strong she may have been sucked against it before. Is it possible to get a picture side on of the actual area or is it just on the top of her back.

You could try isolating her and adding 1gm of rock salt per litre of water and leave her in it for a couple of days.

I find this all very interesting. My mother and I had had many (well it felt like many :( ) fighters (females) look just like this and they went downhill from there... we had NO idea what went wrong. If i remember correctly this would happen after we had bred from her... It was like she had soo many eggs and she didnt know what to do with them?? Or wasnt able to get rid of them?? Egg Bound was a term thrown around bit but i have no idea. I would be very interested to see options on how to turn these poor girls back uphill.

Sorry, I can't help. Its not dropsy so may be bacterial or has she got herself stuck somewhere. If the filter is strong she may have been sucked against it before. Is it possible to get a picture side on of the actual area or is it just on the top of her back.

You could try isolating her and adding 1gm of rock salt per litre of water and leave her in it for a couple of days.

Oooppps :oops: I was looking in the wrong place, most of my girls look like that, its when they are carrying eggs. If not spawned she will drop them herself when she is ready unless she is too fat. If she is too fat she will become egg bound but she doesn't look big enough for that. Looks like a female to me.