FOOD!!!!

Alienara

Come on now guys, I'm sure that there's more people who are interested in food as well.. and I'm talking about really good food, the type that fills you up and gives u a warm fuzzy feeling after you've eaten it.

I've just started a new blog about food called NZFood blog to blog about the places that I've eaten which I think is worthy to be mentioned. It's only based in Auckland right now though as that's where I live, but if any of you Aucklanders know of good food places, do tell me so I can go try it out myself too.

For the rest of you who just want to have a good read and ease the whole process of thinking of a place for dinner or lunch, the address is www.NZFood.blogdrive.com

I'm visiting NZ next week for a couple of weeks and am REALLY looking forward to all the good food I miss so much.Not quite what you're talking about though,I cant wait for burger rings,pies,real burgers,real fish and chips,watties tomato sauce,peanut slabs,paua,mussels,summer rolls,raro,milo,banana lumps,minties,pinkys,toasties,seafood,kumara chips,L&P,assorted beers,the list goes on......

Sorry,I know its not what you meant,but I'm just so excited!

Reckon I'm going to put on a stone in 2 weeks!

Oh gosh, now you've got me all hungry... lol. Make sure u pop by places like The Occidental, De Fontein, and De Post Belgian restaurants for the most heavenly mussles around... otherwise feel free to pay me to cook them for you... LOL

I know what you mean Acara, I spent 6 weeks in the states a few years back and when I got back I was STARVING for real food, my sis is a chef and she cooked me a good ole fashioned kiwi roast, what a relief it was....

It's only been recently that NZ's started getting real food, but still the only burritos you can get are bland pub ones or "Old el paso" mexican kits. Maybe 1-2 types of canned chilli if you're lucky. And don't get me started on the bland, greasy "Kiwi roast"

roast greasy?

Not if its done right (cooked a roast pork last night and a roast chicken in the over now)

Alienara, your right about those meat pies and note that I called them meat pies, not as most are and simply pies

There use to be a great Chinese Resturant there called The Bamboo Grove that had great tucker and the best deep fried ice cream I have ever had.

Although not in Auckland, my favorite 2 resturants were the small resturant at Horuru Falls(Bay of Islands) thats in the Palorama Motels and also the Pepper tree at Coromandel. At the confrence this year we also went to a Tai resturant in Whitianga. Ive forgotten the name but will be back there as well

For a lunch bar type of place, again streets out in front of all else is the Bakery at Coromandel. A bit dearer but real nice tucker.

Alanmin may be able to back me up on a couple of those

roast greasy?

Not if its done right (cooked a roast pork last night and a roast chicken in the over now)

Alienara, your right about those meat pies and note that I called them meat pies, not as most are and simply pies

There use to be a great Chinese Resturant there called The Bamboo Grove that had great tucker and the best deep fried ice cream I have ever had.

Although not in Auckland, my favorite 2 resturants were the small resturant at Horuru Falls(Bay of Islands) thats in the Palorama Motels and also the Pepper tree at Coromandel. At the confrence this year we also went to a Tai resturant in Whitianga. Ive forgotten the name but will be back there as well

For a lunch bar type of place, again streets out in front of all else is the Bakery at Coromandel. A bit dearer but real nice tucker.

Alanmin may be able to back me up on a couple of those

Mate where's that bamboo grove that you went to? is it in auckland? not many places have those deep friend ice creams here in NZ