community fish

luckyfish

If it wasn't for shipping then all we'd have would be natives.

yeah, that's true. but normally, there will be fish loss in shipping. say if shipping 100 fish, maybe 5 - 10 will be dead on arrival, and that's just 10% of the fish shipped. But if I ship 2 fish and one of them died, that's a 50% loss :roll:

shipping can be risky sometimes, but if the fish are healthy they won't die on most occasions.

I got heaps and heaps of fish off a member in AKL and all the fish were shipped down - not one died :bounce: :D

on the other hand - a fair few fish die in transit for most pet shops.

here you go,

Gold Fish Pagoda

2/117 Cascade Rd

Pakaranga

Auckland

what sort of fish do Gold Fish Pagoda sell? are they are a retail shop or private seller? I just heard their name the other day and wondered whether I should pay a visit in my hunt for red wagtail platy

they sell goldfish and tropical fish, but not saltwater fish. give them a ring to see if they have what you want.

what sort of fish do Gold Fish Pagoda sell? are they are a retail shop or private seller? I just heard their name the other day and wondered whether I should pay a visit in my hunt for red wagtail platy

And I'm guilty of killing 2 Discus :cry:

Doesn't look like the Discus I have in my Hospital Tank is going to make it, I've done all I can do for it now, so it's only a matter of time as to whether it will recover or DIE :roll:

Hate this waiting game :o

gee, that's sad :cry: . God bless them. Hope they'll recover. :hail:

Have to say he is looking pretty sad at the moment,

Very frustrating when you have done all you can, and you just have to wait and see what the outcome is going to be.

There may still be hope for him yet, I had another Discus that didn't look happy when he arrived down from Auckland, he lay on the bottom of the Hospital Tank for 2 days, got up the next morning thinking he would be DEAD, but he was very happily swimming around the Tank like there had been nothing wrong with him.

So I'm hoping this will happen with the one in the hospital tank at the moment.

Fingers crossed.

Have to say he is looking pretty sad at the moment,

Very frustrating when you have done all you can, and you just have to wait and see what the outcome is going to be.

There may still be hope for him yet, I had another Discus that didn't look happy when he arrived down from Auckland, he lay on the bottom of the Hospital Tank for 2 days, got up the next morning thinking he would be DEAD, but he was very happily swimming around the Tank like there had been nothing wrong with him.

So I'm hoping this will happen with the one in the hospital tank at the moment.

Fingers crossed.

Miracle does happen, and hope it will happen this time for your little fellows as well.

GOOD LUCK :D

Was going to mention Keyholes too. Awesome wee fishm one of my favourties after my Discus of course, I have 6 Keyholes as well, they would be the most docile of the lot, I think (well mine are anyway).

Keyholes and Gourami's will be good together, I have 2 Keyholes in with my Gourami's.

Send me a Link to the Auction I want to see YOU win :wink:

Agecage: How do you contact Goldfish pagoda??

I won!!! :bounce:

aren't they beautiful! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=226167843