My Fighters

N1CK

3610273112_2aeafd686e.jpg?v=0

3610273188_2f28171650.jpg?v=0

3628432970_5af43be1d7.jpg?v=0

3628433032_5cfa15e142.jpg?v=0

To get an idea of his finnage :D

These were taken awhile ago and the boy has is a bad fin nipper >.< so nothing yet

although ill have to get somewhere soon as the science fair is only two months away

eerrr if nothing happens i might have to do something easier...... Guppies?? lol

Also anyone know where i can get some cheapish java moss and java fern because

atm a tiny bit of java fern is $9 at the pet shop!!!

Fish are very useful as subjects for Science Fair projects aren't they? Judges particularly like stuff that has had to be done over a longer period of time :wink:

My daughter did one on which food white worms preferred. My son did one on lighting but I can't remember what exactly. He then did another on whether plant fertilisers made the plants grow faster. He kept a diary on that for over 3 months and impressed the judges. He won money for that one if I remember correctly (or maybe Kelly won it with the white worms. It was many years ago now!)

Will you be setting up the display with the actual fish or just diagrams and photos?

Also anyone know where i can get some cheapish java moss and java fern because

atm a tiny bit of java fern is $9 at the pet shop!!!

I got my Java moss + Fern for $5 ea off "that auction site" plus $5 shipping. Not bad and the moss was quite large and the fern was in good condition.

And don't give up on fighters!! They're worth it.

Its not that fact that im giving up on them its just that if i am not able to get them to breed i may

not have time to get them to an age of me able to see their colours.

and yes bettysplendens.com has helped me alot to start this

And it was kinda my mums idea :D

My original idea was something to do with mice (hehe) and she diddn't trust me with them

(meaning she doesn't want any mice running round the house with all four of the cats chasing after them lol)

I might setup a small tank there with the male or some offspring of his (if i get some that is)

it will be the small splish and splash tank with info about how they live so the judges dont get angry at me

I used to have mice. My male was so agro, he even took on my cat through the bars of his cage and won! My female had a litter of 10 and all survived, very cute little cross bred things.

Back to Betta's...

What kind of conditioning have you done to them?

I have fed them flakes (i diddnt have anything else) then after about 3 days i got some frozen bloodworms with this the girls went from a creamish colour to a speckled red/creamish colour

i did have some daphnia but they all died on me >.<

• 4 weeks later...