Dosage of droncit

Michelle.g

Hi everyone,

I have noticed over the past while that one of my discus has been "flashing". It occasionally rubs it's body against items in the tank. I thought this might be a sign that it has flukes. It doesn't appear to have inflamed gills or anything, but I thought it might it be a good idea to treat the discus and tank anyway? I have some droncit and I would like some advice on how to treat with this. I have read that 50mg of prazi per 10L is a good dosage to treat the tank. The tank is 175L with three discus in it, so based on this I would be adding 18 droncit tablets (50mg prazi each). Does this sound ok? I will also feed bloodworms soaked in droncit (1 tablet). Also, should I do a big water change the day after treating?

Thanks for any help.

I have used 1 tablet per 20 litres which is the same as what has been stated here already, if that was my tank I would reduce the water level to 80 litres and treat with 4 tabs , leave 48hrs and then top the tank up again and water change 50% per day for the rest of the week and then repeat the procedure again as its only effective on adults not the fluke eggs.