Sera CO2 Start

Morcs

Anyone used one of these kits?

Picked one up off trademe for $50 to give a try.

It consists of a container that goes in the tank stuck to the glass, and tablets.

Tablets go in, dissolve and store CO2 in the container which then releases a steady flow of bubbles (Around 2500 per tab) over a 24 hr period.

Now the instructions arent very clear, so I need help if anyone knows. Am I meant to submerge the reactor with the top bung in - thereby having a large air pocket inside or do I submerge with the bung out, pressurising it with water instead?

Cheers

I have not used one myself, but Im guessing that you remove the bung to allow the chamber to be filled with water. Then replace bung to allow co2 created by the tablet to fill the chamber.

As the CO2 is trapped in the chamber it is in contact with water all the time and slowly is disolved into the water.

HTH

I have used one of these for Years, fantastic wee thing, so easy to use, I used to pop a tablet in the dispenser every morning, and hey presto, the plant growth was great :D

I gave it to somebody on this site to try, cant remember who now, so havent been able to use it for awhile :roll:

Good Luck with it :wink:

I have used one of these for Years, fantastic wee thing, so easy to use, I used to pop a tablet in the dispenser every morning, and hey presto, the plant growth was great :D

I gave it to somebody on this site to try, cant remember who now, so havent been able to use it for awhile :roll:

Good Luck with it :wink:

As the tablet is dissolving, do you get a lot of the white powder from the tablet falling through the holes into the tank?

Anyone would think I feed my fish cocaine... especially as they try to eat it - I have to feed them to prevent them from doing so!

So is the chamber filled with water or air? cheers

The chamber fills with water when you place it in your tank, when you put the CO2 tablet in the dispenser it then pushes the water out of the chamber, this will slowly fill up with water again as the CO2 dissapates.

Been awhile since I have used one, but think thats how it worked :roll:

Lynda

• 1 month later...