Making fighter food

Scottie841

I am looking at making food for my betta and freezing it.

I just need some advice on what to feed them and what not to feed them.

I am thinking of making a chunky paste from fish or beef (raw or cooked), suds, mixed veggie, frozen blood worms and anything else people recommend. I was hoping to make a few different flavours for them e.g. red meat, fish and crab and veggie

Has anyone else done this? Would it be best to use cooked or raw meat?

I wouldn't bother making food for fighters. They only eat a little bit or should I say you should only feed them a tiny amount of food once or at most twice a day. You can feed them tiny pellets (2-3 pellet per feeding), flake (again just a tiny bit), frozen bloodworm (2-3 worms), white worms, mozzie larvae ect. The trick is to feed them till you see a slight buldge in the tummy.

I'm always scared of over feeding mine because I've heard so many stories of dropsy due to over feeding. I can't tell how fat the females are because they're so swollen with eggs! I agree, they aren't huge fish, apparently their stomachs are only as big as their eye I heard. Mine just eat flakes and are happy with whatever else they can get.