growing out and breeding brine shrimp

fishbreeder

anyone else done this for their fish?

i have two hatcheries going and all i was doing was adding more eggs every second day and fresh sea water. i had a really good look at one of them last night and i had newly hatched shrimps plus what looks like adults, nearly 1cm long. i havent emptied the bottle for a week. so i got a bout 50-100 of them out and into a freshbottle to see if they will breed. anyone else done this.

apart from liquid fry for egg layers what else can i feed then?

Hi. I quote from here... http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/man ... hrimp.html

Feeding: brine shrimp are not hard to feed. They accept most food they can filter out of the water as long as it's not too big and doesn't dissolve in water. There is brine shrimp food available in pet stores, containing micro-algae for the nauplii to eat. There are, however, quite a few cheaper alternatives that you can buy in your regular grocery store; for example yeast, wheat flour, soybean powder and egg yolk. It's hard to know how much to feed the nauplii, but the transparency of the water can be of help. During the first weeks you should be able to see about 15 cm into the water. When the nauplii grow, the food concentration should be kept a little lower, and a water transparency of 25 cm is recommended. Food levels should be kept constant, so frequent feedings are required.

HTH :)

did you know that you can buy bulk eggs in 0ne pound tins?

Cost is normally $60 to $80

I breed thousands of fish and a tin lasts almost a year when feeding twice a day most the time

If your buying eggs in small amounts they are quite dear

Good luck, will be interesting to see how you get on