native lizard

I am intending on getting some native lizards soon. I am looking for information on them

I have already been to the doc website and the new zealand herpetological society and browsed all through the site as well. I have joined the society as well and I want to know how

to get a liscense from DOC can some one please tell me how to do this?

thanks for that guys I also need some help with getting a terrarium I have looked at the herp society site at all the stuff about the cages and I need to know where I can get one suitable for common geckos and also I need to keep them inside because there is a few stray cats living near us that often catch birds and would be perfectly capable of tearing through a lizard cage.

thanks for that guys I also need some help with getting a terrarium I have looked at the herp society site at all the stuff about the cages and I need to know where I can get one suitable for common geckos and also I need to keep them inside because there is a few stray cats living near us that often catch birds and would be perfectly capable of tearing through a lizard cage.

You wont get a permit with a inside cage id think

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

HaNs - i dont know much about native geckos yet but why do you think a permit would not be granted for indoor cages ? Im assuming because natives are best kept outdoors, is that right ? Do most people who have natives keep them outdoors ?

HaNs - i dont know much about native geckos yet but why do you think a permit would not be granted for indoor cages ? Im assuming because natives are best kept outdoors, is that right ? Do most people who have natives keep them outdoors ?

They need to be kept outdoors.

As i have said, ring your local DOC

OK outdoors is not an option for me.

Why? Cats?

Just make it like mine, or even 4 sides of glass and it will be fine.

I could have a go at an out door cage but I would need to be pretty strong wire mesh.

Where did you get your terrarium from Hans.

Made both, mesh used is sooooooo strong. 2 layers- fly and strong chicken stuff

Why? Cats?

Just make it like mine, or even 4 sides of glass and it will be fine.

Made both, mesh used is sooooooo strong. 2 layers- fly and strong chicken stuff

The only part of the (very small) unit/section i am on that gets any sunlight is too open and they would get nicked.

• 3 weeks later...