Hydra

Barrie

You wont get it from feeding bbs (though it would keep them well fed) it must have come from live food like daphnia or infusoria. Formalin will kill it too but can be a bit nasty. 6mls of 35% formalin in 100 litres then siphon bottom in 24 hours. Formalin at that rate should be safe with fish and plants (I have used it and it was Ok on a mix of fundulapanchax females) but it can be nasty stuff. The electric current only produces copper ions in solution and I wouldn't go near killies with copper ions.

I normally get rid of it with "snail rid" in lesser doses

I feed daphnia but only in small amounts and from the same source but in tanks that have never had daphnia, I have it in there.

Its only in the tanks I feed daphnia to every day

Snail rid is copper sulphate and I am paranoid about copper around killies after I killed about 300 N. guentheri with one seventh of the maximum dose of chelated copper sulphate (it is copper sulphate in aqueous solution with citric acid added and that slows up the absortion through the gills and makes it less toxic but also makes it less effective on what you are trying to kill.)

Formalin is an aqueous solution of formaldehyde and is usually sold at 35 % w/v. It is used to control footrot in sheep and will be available from a vet. I used analar grade when I was importing and when breeding but it is very expensive. There is a white precipitate that can form on the bottom of the bottle which is very toxic to fish so decant it rather than shaking the bottle. I got some from the vet to get rid of planaria about a year ago.

It will also kill planaria but at that dose it is toxic to fish and plants also. (double the dose ---12mls/100litres.