Magnets inside of the tank?

AquaVitamins

Heyy, :D

I have just put up my first moss wall! yay :bounce:

But i have have some problems with keeping the back of it fish proof, ( the space between the mesh and the tank wall)

After pondering for a good hour, about how best to fix the problem i thought of the magnets i had previously brought for a science fair project. the idea is to make a line of them along the sides of the mesh to hold it flat against the wall, and have the other magnets on the other side of the glass.

I don't have a clue what they are made out of, but they are exposed and i wanted to know if they are Aquarium safe. My guess is no, but then i thought of painting/sealing them. What should i use? and what are your ideas if different to mine, Thanks!!

What kind of magnets are they?

Rare earth magnets? Then they're usually nickel coated. You could always coat them in a few layers of polyurethane if you're worried.

I dont know. Um they black in color and dark soot type stuff rubbs off them. Does that help? ..?

I dont have any polyurethane, but i have my mums art products, She has resin, which is says exproxy on it. Could i use that?

I dont know. Um they black in color and dark soot type stuff rubbs off them. Does that help? ..?

I dont have any polyurethane, but i have my mums art products, She has resin, which is says exproxy on it. Could i use that?

Ah, the rubbery ones. I doubt they'd be strong enough to hold through the glass glass even without trying to hold anything up. They're pretty pathetic as far as magnetic strength. Get some rare earth magnets, they'll work much better and aren't that expensive until you get into finger crushing sizes.

Ah, the rubbery ones. I doubt they'd be strong enough to hold through the glass glass even without trying to hold anything up. They're pretty pathetic as far as magnetic strength. Get some rare earth magnets, they'll work much better and aren't that expensive until you get into finger crushing sizes.

Yea i think i have earth ones. Does that mean i can just put them straight in?

You might want to ask her first, but yes that sounds like the stuff. I would just try one magnet first, and it will only needs a thin covering, no point wasting your Mum's art supplies.

K, i just asked. And the problem is that you need to use a mini flamethrower to set it... so thats out for the count. :x

Is it sort of rubbery? If it's what I'm thinking of, it's not very strong - this stuff? http://www.officecentre.co.nz/product.p ... ductid=265

There's a guy selling rare earth magnets for not much $$ on TM, they are super strong - I use them to hold the canopies on RC planes :D

Narr its not a strip, there small round magnets.