Hi guys I am after some advice re thermometers

what brands/types would you recommend for a bearded dragon enclosure. At present i have three different brands and even when they are placed in the exact same spot, they all come up with different readings, and i never know which to believe. Thanks.

I would agree with repto. You have to pay good money to get an accurate thermometer and I have. I bought an electronic digital thermometer from Homershams and that is what I use to test everything (fish tanks, reptile enclosures and incubators. It is accurate to within about 0.1 degrees and is the one I believe. Set the thermostat and test the temperature and alter to suit but ignore everything else. Temperatures will vary over an enclosure from one end to the other and top to bottom, and that is good. The reptile will find the temperature it wants.

If you want to know the basking spot temp etc, I use a non contact I/R thermometer from Jaycar.co.nz. Costs $60, but sometimes they have specials on them for around $30.

It is good for instant temp measurement of not only the environment but also your BD or other reptile.

Jaycar catalog number = CAT. NO. QM7225

Cheers