bushy tree like plants

fishbreeder

bushy like ambulia,cabomba,rotala,stargrass and hygrophillia polysperma.

my ambulia all died on me, the rest look pretty nice on google. what type of light should i get? and how do i do the whole Co2 thing to make the plants grow well. and have a forest in my tank. i love Sag it looks so awesome too. i want a tank full of lovely lush GREEN plants.

hard to kill. PMSL, i KILLED it! maybe not enough lighting, nutrients etc i guess.

thinking of indian fern for a small plant. trying to find something different is there any pink, red trees? i want to make it like a underwater forest. that is gonna be hard

my ambulia all died on me,

then there is something wrong with thelight you are using.

what type of light should i get?

I use t5 HO's 18000K and they are the best ive ever seen - exception metal halides. results are amazing, and all plants do well with them.

and how do i do the whole Co2 thing to make the plants grow well. and have a forest in my tank. i love Sag it looks so awesome too. i want a tank full of lovely lush GREEN plants.

you can use DIY CO2, with yeast, sugar and water or the more expensive but better and more effective CO2 cannister.

I'd recommend sag - its a nice plant, and grows well. nice flowers too.

Indian fern is also a really nice plant that looks amazing if you set it up well.

is there no plant that is like a tree, like with a nice solid stem/trunk and branches?

kauri, oak, cedar, redwood etc have barks to rival the best in the world but I highly doubt they would do well in a tank :lol:

If you have a high tank, you can try your hand at anubias hastifoila - read my post and see the pics in this section to see what it looks like. its pretty tree like.

and how do i do the whole Co2 thing to make the plants grow well. and have a forest in my tank. i love Sag it looks so awesome too. i want a tank full of lovely lush GREEN plants.

you can use DIY CO2, with yeast, sugar and water or the more expensive but better and more effective CO2 cannister.

I'd recommend sag - its a nice plant, and grows well. nice flowers too.

Indian fern is also a really nice plant that looks amazing if you set it up well.

is there no plant that is like a tree, like with a nice solid stem/trunk and branches?

kauri, oak, cedar, redwood etc have barks to rival the best in the world but I highly doubt they would do well in a tank :lol:

If you have a high tank, you can try your hand at anubias hastifoila - read my post and see the pics in this section to see what it looks like. its pretty tree like.

wouldnt the Co2 bother the fish seeing they breath O2?

no more harmful than CO2 in our atmosphere. its all in moderation.

i dunno if its a type of lilly, its an anubias, lol. :lol:

i usually hack the leaves off and wait for new ones to grow. the new ones are smaller, and a lighter green. v nice plant.

v v v v v slow growing.

he may have been joking, but im up for a challenge! it may be possible! with Co2, ferts and good lights, anything is possible! hey at school we grew plants in the fridge in water, didnt open fridge for 2 weeks, and they were still growing (started seeds in fridge).

whats red pine like?

im thinking of dividing my tank into sections using perspex so that the plants with runners are contained to one area. and one LARGE centre piece in a nice large pot.with a light on it!

he may have been joking, but im up for a challenge! it may be possible! with Co2, ferts and good lights, anything is possible!

Hate to pop your balloon, but NOt possible.

hey at school we grew plants in the fridge in water, didnt open fridge for 2 weeks, and they were still growing (started seeds in fridge).

that's because seeds use the cotelydons as a source of energy.

whats red pine like?

its very nice, and red. needs good strong light.

im thinking of dividing my tank into sections using perspex so that the plants with runners are contained to one area. and one LARGE centre piece in a nice large pot.with a light on it!

a simple pair of scissors and practise will save you a lot of hassle. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Heres the red pine in my tank - its more red like the bits of it behind the cardinals than the other plants as they are right under the lights. By trimming off the shoots it bushes out. My tanks 60cm deep and I just break it off and replant it when it gets too long.

DSC09854.jpg