there are Females bettas in Wgtn

bronze-dragon

well rox there were lots of lovely colours, mostly mixed, not many were actually block colours.

there were mainly "wild type" colourings, reds and blues and greens all mixed up on the same fish, very pretty!! there were a few very stricking deep blues in the mix as well.

as for what they actually were VT, CT hard to tell of course, there definetly were some crowns, could see the rays at the tail end.

i got the one with the most green i could find, and i also got the 2 split tails that were there (are they called heart tails?) not sure what every1s opinion is on them, but i find them very attractive.

those two are a pale yellow and blue, hopefully colour up some more after a day in a more peaceful tank.

i rang Animates as soon as i got home, very nice lady said yes they had there latest fish stock in and said they had 8 female betta! at which point i blurted out "your BLEEP kidding me right?!" she said "language!!!"

and i said ill be there in a min and hung up. spend almost an hour down there staring at beauty, and forgot to go pickup scott from work :oops: but there were infact about 30 females there (they thought it was too good to be true and that they must be plakat males)

might take scott down there with me tonight just for a look.

pheonix last time we went to animates in palmy there were 3 females, being sold as a pairs with $150 price tags on them, they were pretty yes, but not $150 for an unproven pair, pretty. no offence.

Wgtn Animates guy said he hadnt seen a female betta in his store for 4 months, i wouldnt call that a shortage, id call that a drought!!!!

pheonix last time we went to animates in palmy there were 3 females, being sold as a pairs with $150 price tags on them, they were pretty yes, but not $150 for an unproven pair, pretty. no offence.

Wgtn Animates guy said he hadnt seen a female betta in his store for 4 months, i wouldnt call that a shortage, id call that a drought!!!!

oh not those ones, lol. they were bought as pairs. I didnt order them :o :lol:

stopped getting females cause they sat there until I bought them :lol: (8 - 10 dollars each I think, much cheaper than 150 for2)

Split fins are double tail and are nice if it's the full tail split otherwise I don't like them much.

When I was breeding fighters I couldn't get rid of them for ages and once I stop everyone wants them :roll:

Great to hear you got some good girls to work with. Pretty cheap too! You should buy them all and put em up on that other site 8) 8)

Pretty good page on tail types here:

http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_finnage.htm

I got a double tail off a local breeder the other day, its not a very good one tho. I really want to get those genetics into my breeding program. Unfortunately it is recessive, so kinda rare.

Colours here:

http://watershed3.tripod.com/types.html

some just arrived at Hutt Pets (like JUST arrived, 1 hour ago). If anyone breeds reds there is the cutest solid red split, her tail is like a little love heart awwwww. Be in quick though I hear many are spoken for