What Canister filter for 220L?

Dixon1990

So, My next tank is also gonna be my last tank, and only tank.

I'm getting a nice custom made 1400mm*350mm*450mm high with Black silicon.

And the budgets a bit higher than usual :)

So i thought i would upgrade to a better brand than my aquaone cf1200.

So the highest il go is $200, what are my options?

Ive found a JBL Cristal Profi 500, does 1200lph $180ish i think and it seems better quality and has a 4 year guarantee.

So i thought i would upgrade to a better brand than my aquaone cf1200.

Ive found a JBL Cristal Profi 500, does 1200lph $180ish i think and it seems better quality and has a 4 year guarantee.

Why change? You're not upgrading. Just spending money replacing a perfectly good filter with another perfectly good equivalent filter.

Oh and...

So, My next tank is also gonna be my last tank, and only tank.

Hahaha...So naive... :lol:

small planted tank? no such thing lol.

620T's look awesome when fully planted.

and this whole one tank thing... it isn't your teenage hormones deluding you is it? :lol: Not going to happen muahahahaha.

but seriously.. go find out about that filter (if you like it that is) - and if it isn't ill c if I can get it here, and send it if it works out well.

My planted tank's about that size (1200 x 450 x 400 I think) and I have TWO Eheim cannister filters on it. The advantage of two cannisters is that I can take one off-line and clean it up as much as I like, and know I'm unlikely to cause a mini cycle. Also takes twice as long before they need maintenance so I have a whole heap of redundancy built in.

Also if you need to set up an extra tank in a hurry (quarantine, hospital, etc... not implying that you will ever get another real tank of course...) you can just move one of your established filters over.

So I would suggest getting the best filter you can for your $200 (oooh... Eheim... mmmmm :D ) then add it to the tank along with your existing CF1200.

This cf1200 isnt perfectly good, it has twisted pipes and the inlet and outlet are prettl much just open pipes.

And its not even mine :lol:

And it really is gonna be my only tank :o

You can't blame a filter for poor installation or losing parts.:)

My planted tank's about that size (1200 x 450 x 400 I think) and I have TWO Eheim cannister filters on it. The advantage of two cannisters is that I can take one off-line and clean it up as much as I like, and know I'm unlikely to cause a mini cycle. Also takes twice as long before they need maintenance so I have a whole heap of redundancy built in.

Also if you need to set up an extra tank in a hurry (quarantine, hospital, etc... not implying that you will ever get another real tank of course...) you can just move one of your established filters over.

So I would suggest getting the best filter you can for your $200 (oooh... Eheim... mmmmm :D ) then add it to the tank along with your existing CF1200.

Im pretty keen to get rid of this Aqua one :lol:

The owner wants it back soon and the hoses are all twisted and dont have proper outlet and inlets.

Ive also got my Eheim internal filter that will be in there :)