Could Medication be changing my Water Parameters??

LYNDYLOO

I've been treating for White Spot in my Discus Tank over the last few days, I put the first lot of Blue Circle White Spot treatment into the tank 3 days ago, checked the Water parameters after doing a Water Change, and noticed the Ammonia levels were up to .25ppm and the Nitrate was sitting at 10ppm, so did another Water change today also added more White Spot medication as my Hoplo Catfish still have a few White Spot, after checking the Parameters again, as I do after every water change I do, I noticed the Ammonia Levels are still sitting at .25ppm but the Nitrate Level is now down to 0ppm.

Is it posible that the White Spot medication is changing the Water Parameters?

I have never had trouble with Ammonia Levels in any of my Tanks, I do at least 2 water changes a week, cant seem to work out quite whats going on with this.

All the Water Changes seem to be doing is Adjusting the Nitrate levels in this Tank, not the Ammonia Levels, which is obviously what I'm trying to get back down to 0ppm.

Any help would be great guys :hail:

Lynda

White Spot on my Discus have all gone Ron :D:D they're all fit and healthy, growing really fast too.

My Hoplo Catish are the one's that I cant seem to get rid of the White Spot on, thats why I redosed after 3 days and a good water change.

Hoping to set up my CF1200 filter on the Discus Tank within the next few hours too.

White spot medication also help the fish push off the parasite and create more mucus coating

This will help bring up your ammonia levels

Plus the fact the bacteria is being killed off by the medication as well

As your doing a few water changes I wouldnt be to worried and the PH being lower then neutral is helping with the toxicity

Brad