Great forum

BobG

I am a web publisher in metro Atlanta GA USA. I am also a reborn fish guy, rekindling a hobby that I enjoyed while a teenager.

In a matter of about three weeks, I have gone from a nearly-forgotten single goldfish (named "Bait") in a neglected outdoor pond to five tanks ("Bait" now lives indoors). I have Corys, Rosy Barbs, Cherry Barbs, Head and Taillight Tetras, Black Skirt Tetras and assorted Platys (Red Tuxedo, Mickey Mouse) and Marigold Swordtails. I plan to add Clown Loaches and maybe some Danios, although my Platys are well on the way to increasing my fish population for me.

"Bait" now has three tankmates-- "Switch," "Tackle" and "Box."

All are happy, but none as happy as my local pet store and my credit card issuer.

I look forward to the knowledge that I am sure to gain from the experience of other forum contributors.

Welcome to the fishroom, BobG. It sounds like the aquarium hobby has hit you hard! Any chance of you posting some pics?

Have you researched the proper way to start a tank? The most common mistake a beginner can make is to build up the stocking level of their tanks too fast. I'm asking just in case.

We meet in the chat room at 9:00 PM (NZ time: GMT+12) every day so feel free to drop in. It usually runs for about 2 hours after that.

Good luck.