150 watt 10,000 k DE MH bulbs

wasp

Hi well it's my first post!

I'm bringing in some of these bulbs from the States while they're on special, just wondered if anybody else needs some if I can bring several in it will reduce freight cost per bulb to me.

Should work out at around NZ $80.00 each.

Also, another question, I just replied to a PM, but it is in my outbox, not my sent box. Can't figure out how to actually send it, how do I do this?

Cheers, Alastair

you must wonder why they are so cheap and why he cant tell u what brand they are??

My opinion, they will be crap. especially when they sell the others for $60usd plus.

You need to know what brand they are as you cant just run any bulb on any ballast.

Us bulbs dont have ignitors in them and Euro bulbs do.

Good point, you pay your money and you take your chances!

However I'm running a "no name" brand bulb at the moment that I got in the same way, US $44.99 at the time, it's been going I think 9 months, no worries.

But appreciate your advice.

By the way Reef, you stirred a few people up with your last RC thread :wink: A good read :lol:

You mean the stir them up thread? here it is http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... did=439267

But first you got to understand over the last few months some other guys been totally rubbishing anything non zeovit, I got tired of reading it all the time, that's why it was good to see someone post some decent looking non zeovit corals. And when they didn't like that I personally liked it all the more!

So true. Not wanting to start up the zeovit thing again (I know i'm right!) but it appears all the hype about zeovit has been hitting the States over the last few months. Some of the threads are really quite pathetic, I'm well and truely sick of it. It's not the best (or only) way to achieve the results everyone is looking for in a reef tank.

Layton

just been talking to to guy from lampbrokers here in NZ... he can do deals on both 150 and 250W Double ended BLV bulbs as long as we get enough... best for him is a box of 10 as thats how he buys them.

I personally need 250W for my main units but 150W for my soon to be frag tank. He will also return bulbs that blow early and get you another AS ONG AS YOU ARE using the CORRECT gear to run them.

The 150W bulb will be about the same price as the USA ones you are talking about ie $78NZD + gst, and its a known brand... I think reef uses BLV?????

I am personally willing to buy 4 of the 250W ones to get the discount, need 6 more takers... anyone for 150W bulbs?

Just for the record, I am just passing along this deal at cost to me, As we will all need replacement bulbs every 12 months this could be a good thing for us and a good thing for the lampbrokers man, everyone like recuring revenue, and a good deal.