Replacement tubing for Fluval 405

tinytawnykitten

I want to extend the tubing slightly on my Fluval 405. Just on the part where the outlet goes into the water. A few days after a water change, once a few millimetres of water has evaporated, the sound of the water outlet drives my husband nuts, so I need to put the outlet under the surface of the water (and I have bought another pump for another water stone to compensate for the loss of oxygen). Where can I buy some more tubing and a little joiner thing?

hey,

do you have the hook like clamps that hang on the side of the tank?

if you do, undo it, and redo the fitting, and you will find a few mm - its like magic. worst case scenario - get normal pipe and attach it to the end of the outlet.

the other alternative is you can buy an entire piece of tubing from any fish shop. but that's expensive, and not worth it at all in this case cause you only need a little bit.

You can probably get a short section of clear hose from...Well...Practically anywhere and heat it up to fit it on both the over the tank connecty bit and the outlet. Assuming they're the same as the gear withmy 404s. You'd only need a couple inches max.