guppies just had babies - whats the best food to give

Elaine

I just crush up my normal tropical fish food with the flat edge of something like a knife. Then I wet the end of my finger with the tank water, pick up the crushed dust and dip my finger back into the tank and the food should come away with a bit of waggling. I feed mine in the morning when I get up, in the afternoon when I come home and just before I go to bed - they seem to be growing quickly!

Don't forget to do water changes and keep an eye out for dead fry and get rid of them as soon as you can :)

ive currently got some plattys in a tank full of daphnia and green water, platys are growing really quick and have constant live food, i havnt had to worry about them, just a quick head count and make shure that the daphnia is still in there, mind you though theres only 3 fry in there....

I put a container of water outside and the daphnia find it and breed all by themselves. Never had to buy a culture :wink:

i used to have multiple troughs outside and only daphnia in a couple, within 6 months all had it...maybe i contaminated them without knowing but i dont think so, i wunder if my dogs big sloppy lips carried them from one trough to another

also always gets me how daphnia ends up in the horse troughs far from any waterways