Shrimps missing

chimera

I had 2 cleaner shrimp and 1 blood red fire shrimp in my old 4 footer. When I moved the rocks and fish etc downstairs, one of the cleaner shrimps "disappeared". Now that I've moved the rocks and fish back to the new tank, there is only a single cleaner shrimp left! I turned each rock and searched as best I could as I was creating my rock structure last night. I can only see the single cleaner shrimp left. He is sitting down the bottom left corner and hasn't moved all day. Should I be concerned? Are they happier with a 'mate'? If the others did die, would they get eaten completely so there would be no visible remains?!

The only cleaner shrimp that was moved to the new tank died the night he was moved :( I think I stressed him out a bit too much the poor little bugger. The Anemone went walkabouts that night and his remains were gone that morning, at least he got a good feed :-?

So,... if anyone is breaking down their tank in the Auckland area and are selling cleaner shrimp(s) (or any type of shrimp for that matter) let me know, I want to buy a few but dont want to pay (the ridiculous) retail price for them :D

Send me a PM.

Cheers.

Briananemone - Then don't feed the Anemone, you shouldn't anyway.

As Reef said shrimps are VERY sensitive to aclimitisation problems, particulary in sg & mg.

Also never under-estimate the ill effects stress will have on the life.

Shame to loose them all the same.

Pies