What plants??

BnB

Hey guys.

Just wondering if any of you can help me out.

I'm after some tall plants for the aquarium and am wondering if i could get names of some of the hardier ones out there also is there any they can just float on the surface?

For my tropical tank.

Thanks

Hey guys.

Just wondering if any of you can help me out.

I'm after some tall plants for the aquarium and am wondering if i could get names of some of the hardier ones out there also is there any they can just float on the surface?

For my tropical tank.

Thanks

Quite a few types of plants will grow floating on the surface, but remember they will block light from the rest of the tank so might make it difficult for your other plants to grow.

What are the dimensions of your tank, and what lighting do you have? Lighting is really the key limiting factor that will decide what plants are hardy and easy to grow in your particular setup.

I always find hygro and anubias the easiest to grow. Both are 'stem plants' which will grow tall if planted in the substrate and will also grow along the surface of the water if you let them.

[i always find hygro and anubias the easiest to grow. Both are 'stem plants' which will grow tall if planted in the substrate and will also grow along the surface of the water if you let them.

Im assuming you mean Ambulia.

Crypt Balansae is good for low light backing plant as it has long leaves.Its easy to grow and demands are little

Hygro is cheap and easy to find. Just watch the plants you buy as thy may be hydroponically grown emmersed which means they will take a while to convert and establish.

EuroView 90. Tank Size:90cm x 48cm x 50cm

I got one of those super classical light setups the tubes were quite purple so i took one out and put a 20w t8 powerglo in it.

Brightens it up alot better that along with one of the purplish tubes that came with it which is 18w.

Your purple light is probably around 10000k and is high in blue and red (purple) light which is what plants need. Tall plants will grow to the surface and get light. It should grow any of the Echinodorus species that are taller such as amazonicus, bleheri, ozelot, barthtii, red special, red rubin, martii, uraguayensis etc. Also Hygrophilla stricta, polysperma, polysperma "rosanervig", salicifolia; Sagittaria, vallisneria, Ludwigia repens. As advised previously I would stay away from floating plants as they will block the light and be the only thing that grows well. The larger plants like Cryptocoryne and Echinodorus sp. will need feeding through the roots.