Tank longer than stand

elginite

Is this a problem. My fishtank is slightly deeper than my stand. The fish tank is about 122 cm x 63 cm. The board it is on is 122 cm x 61 cm. This is an all-glass tank, aproximately 565 liters. The plastic frame under the tank appears to be about 2.5 cm wide. About a centimeter of this is overhanging and a little over a centimeter of this is ontop of the board. I probably got to go get a bigger board, but I'm not looking forward to lifting the tank to get that in place.

fishtank.jpg

If this is a tank with a plastic frame around the edge of the base then all the weight of the tank is supported on that frame, unlike a tank which is flat on the bottom over polystyrene and the weight is distributed evenly. That plastic frame needs to be supported properly as it is carrying all the weight.

Is the part of the plastic trim that is carrying the weight actuelly supprted by the stand?

About half of the plastic trim is supported by the stand. So, I'd say it is about 1.2 cm of the inside of the plastic frame is supported. The other 1 cm is beyond the stand.... Sounds like I might as well get a bigger board for the top and get a friend to come over and help me left the thing to get the new board in place.

Big call. You offering to pay for the new carpet and dead fish if its not?

Sorry did not think it had a plastic frame.

If it was all glass then would be fine, had 30 x 30 x 15 inch tanks sitting on a 30 x 15 stand so 7.5inch each side overhanging never had one break.

In my fishroom all my tanks overhang.

Sure a 4footer is much larger but you are only overhanging it by 10mm on each side. It won't break because of that.

Most tanks break on their base because of either no poly or uneven stand.