Leather coral shrinking

Sally J

My beautiful leather coral has been slowly shrinking, its head is now pointing down....all my hard corals are growing well, nitrates and phosphates down, feed them fuel. What else should I do?? My Zeneas ?? spelling....the pulsating coral doesn't seem to be as large and open as it is in other peoples tanks either....HELP

Might be, there is a small anenomea that is just above it in a crack in the rock, maybe that is anoying it? The galaxia hasn't alway been there, and to think back it has shrunk worse since it has....I never thought of that. I'll move it and see, it use to really big :cry: I did move all of the corals from another tank, but that was ages ago now. It did really well in the other tank.

Did you upgrade to a bigger tank? If so, did you increase the circulation? Like Reef said, they need plenty of flow. It helps remove the "waxy skin" of waste they produce. Could it be "fouling" in its own waste?

I have a couple of sarcophytons, one was getting stung by a bubble coral. The stings would make it close up for awhile, and leave a bit of a mark, but no real damage.

I have a wave maker and three power heads in there, its a 6ft tank. It does get white blotches on it. I will try to point one of the power head at it and see how it goes. I did have an issue with my puregen though, I chlorinated it and I noticed some of the coraline algea going white at the intake pipe...I fixed it quick with a massive water change and carbon....nothing else in the tank was affected though, but the leather was looking sad even before that. Thanks for the help.