my flatmate loves coronation street ...

mj

and shortland street, home and away :( ... all of those tediously boring tv shows that all seem to have the same storyline (just different accents)

now it would be ok if these shows were on once a week, BUT EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK AND Edit Billaney- Swearing removed RERUNS!!!

I lived in aussie for a while and was totally over home and away/neighbours - then saw shortland street and thought "just as bad but with kiwi accents" and now coro st which is really making me dislike the english accent (one I have always been a fan of)

anyway bringing this rant to an end ... (help me out guys :hail: ) ...

:-?

(if only rugby/cricket was on every day of the week then things would be even :bounce: )

But you know, I would also like to see some LIVE cricket on FREE tv too.

WTF? we need to cut that teams funding and give it all to Team New Zealand.

AC in NZ will bring WAY more money to the country than those useless cricketers...and ETNZ is a little less embarrassing to watch.

I hate sailing BTW just not as much as I hate black caps.

BTW I am aware that we LOST the AC...but we did get beaten by KIWI's...Kiwis that would be sailing for us if we could afford them. :evil:

ummm pretty sure the word I typed that was removed was endless???

or was it the liquid that keeps us alive + dy ...sorry if so wasn't intentional and if it was that hardly regarded as a swear word as it is mentioned everyday on the news

more info plz mod? (PM'd you) ( PMed Replied too - Billaney )

<3 bully :D

what do you mean cut funding to the blackcaps ?? seriously - costs us nothing compared to the once every 3-4 years teamnz who LOST at the cost of multiple millions to us

blackcaps are on the up and at least we get to see them many times a year

:|

[edit] anyway back onto the soaps and how many of us have to endure them due to partners/flatmates (point I was gong for)

what do you mean cut funding to the blackcaps ?? seriously - costs us nothing compared to the once every 3-4 years teamnz who LOST at the cost of multiple millions to us

[edit] anyway back onto the soaps and how many of us have to endure them due to partners/flatmates (point I was gong for)

Why exactly do you have to endure these soaps? Are you like glued to the couch?

My husband often watches the H&A omnibus with me on a Sunday morning. Quality time I tell you. :D

haha by us, you mean the private backers?

Blackcaps are on the up? LMAO yeah from last to second last. who are they above? some 3rd world country?

lolol flatmate is 43 (english lass hence the love of coro st) ..

small inner city apartment and I'm not one to hermit away in my bedroom .. we actually joke about it, she is like "Guess what is on tonight!" (I'm all for compromise when flatting so give and take)

I just didn't realize until recently how many of these shows there are and how often they run :o

as for the cricket we were ranked 3rd in the world in the one day version last year and had a chance to be second - don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of teamNZ just 4 years in between drinks is a long haul

I love almost all NZ sport, just wish there was more of it (and less of the soaps lol)

I am not forced to watch soaps or sport (unless you count endless reruns of Top Gear) but I do have to listen to the National radio station when Grant is at home. Thank goodness he often isn't! :lol:

When he is home we are usually both working in the same room so have to compromise who listens/watches what. :roll:

My mother seems to think Coro Street is more real than real life. She often starts off by telling me something someone's been doing - "Did you know X is having an affair with Y but he doesn't know that she's actually his daughter by Z who died in a tragic accident with a faulty sewing machine?" And it takes a while for me to realize that this is something that's happened on the TV and it's not actually real people. But they are real to my Mum. :roll:

Meanwhile something genuinely interesting is happening with my real family and Mum knows about it but doesn't think it's important enough to mention! :o

• 1 month later...

LOL :lol: :wink: Isn't that partly WHY we keep aquariums in our lounges???!!!.... hubby watches whatever garbage he likes, and I occassionally nod & reply "uhhuh" to his comments, and I carry on watching my seahorses! LOL :P:D * but I do get the odd good laff outta Coro St.