Red Tails Fins

Chris N

Hi. ive got a redtail shark in my tank, and hes being going fine., makin sure everyones busy. But About 3 weeks ago i noticed a transperent spot on his top fin. Now hes got it on most of the surface of all of the fins. But the edges are still intact. Hes abot 2 inches in length. Is this norm? Cause he still seams happy. Or is this what they call fin rot?

Please help.

I don't know too much about diseases but it doesn't sound like fin rot. Fin rot edges the fins in white and then they get shorter and shorter.

I wonder if it might be ich? This forms white dots up to 1mm in size and form on the fin edges and surfaces. It is treated with Malachite Green.

if it goes to the body or his fins start getting shorter then you have a problem but what you might have is the fish is showing what sex it is , red tail sharks get white tips on the top of there fine if they are male/female ( cant remember what one but only one of the sexes gets it)

• 4 weeks later...