Finally got some DISCUS

Andrew_W

Love the colour of your new discus.I had little ones growing out and found I was tied to many water changes but since getting rid of those and purchased some bigger ones.I have cut the water changes down to one a week and they are thriving hopeing they are not far from pairing up.Enjoy. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

should be tap fitting - looks like this if you haven't seen one before. Comes with either a plastic or metal thread to fit onto your tap mixer. Metals better, lasts longer. You clip the hose onto the side piece and stick the other end into your tank. To fill turn it on, to empty twist the bottom part of this and it will reverse suck back into your sink (I just let it drain into the garden).

tapfitting.jpg

Yeah thats the fitting, I had to drastic modifications, to attach it top my tap but well worth it, all the the flow from the tap isn't very good so it takes awhile to suck the water out.

I have it on a tap that hot and cold are all in one, so I can adjust the temp, and I add conditioner as I add the water :D

TOO EASY

As long as a garden hose will reach your tank it will work. Mine goes from the kitchen, through the dining room, and through to the other side of the lounge with no problems. Its quite good because I can get to the tank to check the hose hasn't flicked out before the water gets to the end. :D

yes it will (it has a reverse flow) but can't you put it in a garden. its fairly slow to drain into a sink as it has to run uphill, would be better to go to garden or down a wastewater drain. I use one of those vacuum attachments to start the flow to empty outside rather than suck as its really hard work to get the water running out of the tank.

yeah it work on like a venturi system.

the blow fitting has like a valve, having it open creates a vacum from the water from tap passing through it, which empties it. and then close it off to fill the tank....hard to explain, but yes the fitting empties and fills the tank.

wow the garden is just out the window by the tank so that sounds great. If I go and buy one of these what else do I need to be aware of for attaching the hose? Any little things that would help I would be thankful for the will get the non fish person (man of the house) to make it for me heheheehehehe... Andrew have posted in technical re SUNSUN tank if it is all good I will be able to get one and get some discus too... yipee

Andrew have posted in technical re SUNSUN tank if it is all good I will be able to get one and get some discus too... yipee

HUH? :-?

Um the blue plastics pump, has a standard garden tap fit, an from that it has has standard hose snap fitting. then add the hose