Sick yellow lab , HELP

goldbird

Yeah I was curious to know the tank size and also what tests if any were done.. But hasn't been answered yet..

My concern would be the fish he has they are all known to be quite agro and especially if you have low numbers.. Would suspect the poor yellow being pretty laid back as yellows are got a hard time and got stressed to death :(

Hi guys thank you all ,

i have done 50% water change in may main tank , 1520x600x600 ph is 7.8, gh120 kh120 temperature 26, ammonia 0 , nitrate 20

all fish are fine in main tank ,

my sick fish seems fine now , i had separated it 4 days ago , i had put some Epsom salt in tank and some sort of capsules i bought from Hollywood fish farm for sick yellow , as soon as u put capsule's contains in water it turns colored green , i use 3 capsules every 24 hours after 2 dose i done 30% water change on 3rd day and today i put 2 more capsules ,

fish seems fine now but i don't wanna take any chance, she is taking food and eyes are fine as well

I don't know what was wrong but thank god it seems cured.

Thanks

I have 10 damasoni , 5 yellow, 5 cobalt, 5 giraffe, 4 bumble bee ,and lots of rock and i feed flake twice a day ,

i do 30% water change every week ,and before water change i clean all rock which takes 20 minutes just for rocks, and vacuum marble chips, it's been 2 and half month since i setup tank , i still haven't clean or changed any media in filter,

What do you guys advice ? am i doing correct ?

(i wish i could put picture of tank for you guys to look but i don't know how to put picture on this forum)

Thanks

I have 10 damasoni , 5 yellow, 5 cobalt, 5 giraffe, 4 bumble bee ,and lots of rock and i feed flake twice a day ,

i do 30% water change every week ,and before water change i clean all rock which takes 20 minutes just for rocks, and vacuum marble chips, it's been 2 and half month since i setup tank , i still haven't clean or changed any media in filter,

What do you guys advice ? am i doing correct ?

(i wish i could put picture of tank for you guys to look but i don't know how to put picture on this forum)

Thanks

Sounds like a good setup and maintenance schedule.. You don't need to clean the rocks or gravel vac every time you do a water change..

No need to clean the media until flow rate has decreased would think it would have after 2 and a half months however depends on the age of your fish..

Things that may cause problems for you IMO.

10 demasoni, most people recommend 12 for aggression reasons and I have had bad luck keeping them with any less than 12 as well.. However depending your male/female ratio you maybe alright I know one person who breeds them as a pair however I would say its risky.

Your giraffes may eventually get big enough to eat the demasoni, this is a long term thing but giraffes are big haps and naturally predators and the smaller demasoni may appear as a meal to them. I know it is one consideration that I have made with my tank and removed my demasoni however they maybe quick enough to get out of the way it was a risk that I wasn't going to take.

Also bear in mind nutritionally that demasoni are purely vegetarians so you should be feeding a vege based flake.

Good luck and I'm glad to hear the yellow recovered.

How big are all the fish? There is probably no need to get rid of anything if they're young it will be a matter of years before the giraffes could possibly eat the dems.. Just let everything grow and keep an eye on them if it fits in the giraffes mouth it could end up as food.

Hi

Dont clean the rocks as these will hold beneficial bacteria and gives your fish something to graze on when algae grow on them. I would only clean the front and side glass of the tank and gravel clean every couple months. When doing a gravel clean target the area under rocks as most of the waste settles under them.

To many people make the mistake of over cleaning there tanks. Not realising they are killing off the good bacteria.