Tanks Outside

Billaney

Hey Paul how are you going with the checker barbs outside?

I have some indoors and quite like them, and wondered what the temperature ranges were with your tank they're in? I might consider something like barbs rather than minnows if I know the temp range is ok in the area where I's put my tank.

Hey Paul how are you going with the checker barbs outside?

I have some indoors and quite like them, and wondered what the temperature ranges were with your tank they're in? I might consider something like barbs rather than minnows if I know the temp range is ok in the area where I's put my tank.

The Barbs are still pretty young and not 100% happy I'm keeping a close eye on them but might move them back inside. not sure yet.

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update on the outside tanks , Not a great success,

I lost 1 cory and the others did not look to trilled about the temp changes , it was going from 10 -30 degrees every 24 hours so they are back inside and much happier.

The barbs also did not like the changes in temp so dramaticly so they are also back inside.

the danio's the same story so i now have the old WCMM & Leopard fish outside and am thinking what else i might try

The odessas seem to be stimulated by the temp drops and can be seen spawning on colder mornings. We dropped to 7 overnight last night apparently and all happily swimming about this morning with the water temp at 13C.

Pools have got up to 27C so far. Being a larger body of water than tanks they are slower to heat up and cool down, and when they do it is not to the same extreme as the air temperature. They have yet to reach the air temperature when it has been 33C.