Bets Type of Lemon Tree.....

Spink

If anyone with a green thumb can help me put here I'd be forever grateful!

My husband and I want to buy a lemon tree, for one reason only - he drinks Corona beers and it tastes better with a slice of Lemon in it.

We live in Wellington, and would love the plant a tree in a large pot outside so we can pick a lemon as we need it, but what is the best type to get?

It needs to cope well in a large pot, and preferably produce fruit all year round, though not necessarily large fruit.

Any ideas or suggestions? I've heard Meyer is good, but wondered if anyone else has any experience?

I've not the greenest of thumbs but Meyer's are great! BUT even better (& more traditional por la cerveza!;) ) is a wedge of lime! and then you can always make margaritas too ! :)

If you have space, plant a lemon & lime tree :bounce:

have ya tried a "headless mexican"? take a swig of the corona, (emptying the neck o da bottle) and then add a teensy bit of kahlua & a shot of tequila.. woohoo! sounds grosss, but its pretty good

yah, someone has already been making margaritas today, LOL...starting the new year with a omelettes & strawbery mimosas.... well one thing led to another! I wonder how many typos I'll haveta edit later?! haha

Happy New Year!

You can purchase dwarf varieties of citrus Trees.

Meyer is good as it fruits year round.

Just give it some fertiliser from time to time and you won't be dissapointed.

I think Kings stock a good variety of Dwarf citrus.