Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Glass

Featured Replies

What would be a reasonable price to pay for getting a piece of glass cut. Size 375mm x 895mm and I guess it needs to be 6mm thick.

Does anyone know where I could get a piece cheaply in the Wellington area?

I rang a few places today and was quoted between $55 and $69 and I'm not willing to pay that for a top for a grotty old tank.

Cheers

Judy

Peter at Port Nicholson Glass. He is in Lower Hutt and has a constant supply of recycled glass. Also makes the best priced tanks in the area.

Yup, he's good. I got a 4foot sump made with a couple partitions, a little wider than the average for $130. Although, he made it 50mm longer than I wanted. Probably due to lack of communication, I guess.

Peter a mate and i've put a lot of these people onto him. Tell him 'Saltwater Mark' sent you and he will look after you.

Also if you a memeber of a club (say like Kapi Mana in Wellington) he will do the best price he can.

Pies

  • Author

Thanks everyone. I've been trying to get hold of Port Nicholson Glass but get no reply. I've been ringing the number in the book - 9399030. Is that the correct one or has the number changed?

Thanks for the suggestion about recycling places too. I will give that a go if I can't get hold of Peter

Cheers

Judy

Thats his number. Hes not always at work, often out fixing windows and delivering tanks etc.

He will sort you out.

It looks like he's all on his own there, so I guess if he's not there noone answers. He needs to get an answering machine or a cellphone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.