breeding tanks

What size tanks are good breeding size tanks for breeding small fish (under 5 cms)? And whats a good fairly hard fish to breed? I've bred WCMM, Chocolate Australe, BNs, lots of different colours of Platys (mainly blues) and Fighters.

Are you wanting to put the corys together or 2 groups of 4? They'd be find all together in a 40l, or in a group of 4 in a 20l if it had a big footprint. Babies could be raised in a small 10l or something if you move them as they grow. If I was doing it, I'd have 4 shallow 20l tanks (maybe 10cm deep), put 4 adults in two of them, and put new babies in 10l grow out tanks, as they grow move them up to the bigger tanks.

No idea about killies sorry.

I'd like to keep the parents together and have a seperate tank that I can just tank the eggs out and hatch them in there. The killies I'll keep together for a while and then take the parents out and let the eggs hatch in the same tank.

Yeah when I bred them last time thats how I did it but then you've got lots of different containers. I was going to just have heaps of spawning mops but maybe I should just take the eggs out?