want to buy some african cichlids, please give some idea?

goldbird

Hi i have just setup new tank about a week ago and added some cobalt blue(5 to 6cm), giraff, and electric yello .

i want to add more varity as tank is 5 foot, can some one tell me what fish can go well with what i have and who can sell me adult size fish?

Thanks.

There are alot of fish you could add to your tank did you have any preference on colours etc that you would like to add?

Buying adult fish can be hard, are you after males and females or males only?

Maybe you could get in touch with Tropheus and see what he has ready to go?

I had a bunch of Red Top Ice blues, just a couple of males now. But there is a lot of Brichardi young you can come and pick up (West Auck.) Donation gratefully accepted. PM if interested. Golden bristle nose go well with them too.(If you don't mind mixing Continents)

Thanks all of you for reply ,

I my electric yellow and giraff's are about 3 cm , i really like fish e.g. Damasoni ,

Malanochromis johani

bumble Bee

or what ever colour full Fish , which can live peacefully in my tank ,

i am not sure about this fish's nature as i am new ,

Advice always welcome,

Demasoni you need to make sure you get at least 12 of them they do best in larger groups, and you may have a problem when your giraffes get big that they may be able to fit them in their mouths. I don't know if it would happen because Dems are pretty quick but its just something I had to consider for my tank and I moved my dems out.

Johannii are cool, a little bit harder to get real ones with all the blue melo's and other randoms floating around, if you don't want to breed from them then these randoms are still cool fish which you will enjoy.

bumblebee's aren't all that colourful, males go jet black and females stay brown with black barring should be easy enough to get some of them.

As for adding fish and them getting along peacefully you are getting into africans so who knows what will happen, they are aggressive and terriotorial. Best bet is to add more fish the same size as yours and let them grow up together and sort themselves out as they grow.

Also don't add more than one species of peacock with brown females (unless you're doing male only) as you wont be able to tell what is what if you wanted to get them out again.

There are some pics of my 5ft african that took me a few years to stock here I have bred or am attempting to breed from most of them..

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f183/ryanjury/

• 2 weeks later...

With mbuna just try & mix the colours. Similar coloured fish may fight. Mbuna can be rough, so if looking at peacocks or similar buy them at a bigger size.

Its a bit of trial & error anyway, just watch the predatory fish like Venustus as they get bigger, may try to rule the tank.

Frenchy :D